Truck-Buck Public-Land Wildcard Results 2016-2017
Final results after Tifton and Madison scoring events. Winners will be contacted by GON the week of March 27.
In addition to the weekly winners, there are four wildcard categories, with winners in each category for the Northern and Southern zones.
The wildcard spots in the Shoot-Out are for the best bucks taken by Youth, Ladies, Public-Land and Runner-Up. New this year, thanks to Havalon Knives, those eight wildcard winners will each receive a Havalon Evolve Multi-Tool. Plus, each wildcard winner earns personalized Shoot-Out shirt from Realtree and a spot in the Shoot-Out for the chance at a new pick-up truck from John Megel Chevy or a Beast Ultimate Hunting Buggy.
Public-Land Wildcard North
Highest-scoring Northern Zone buck from public land that didn’t win a week.
1. Mike Pendley, Redlands WMA, 126 5/8
2. Bobby Brooks, Dawson Forest WMA, 118 5/8
3. Jeff McCrary, West Point WMA, 118 4/8
4. Earl Fain, Chattahoochee WMA, 116 1/8
5. Daniel Shaw, Piedmont NWR, 112 4/8
6. Brandon Bennett, West Point Lake Corps, 108 6/8
7. Tommy Clack, Oconee NF, 108 5/8
8. Hunter Galloway, Paulding Forest WMA, 105 7/8
9. Hunter Galloway, Paulding Forest WMA, 99 2/8
10. Hunter Galloway, Chattahoochee NF, 98 6/8
Note: The highest-scoring Northern Zone public-land buck was Richard Bleckley’s 140 3/8-inch buck from Warwoman WMA that won Week 12. The second-best public-land buck from the Northern Zone was James Key’s B.F. Grant WMA buck that won Week 3. Since those WMA bucks won their weeks outright, the WMA wild-card shifts down Mike Pendley’s buck from Redlands WMA. So, three WMA bucks from the Northern Zone made the Shoot-Out this year.
Public-Land Wildcard South
Highest-scoring Southern Zone buck from public land that didn’t win a week.
1. Will Matchett, Hannahatchee WMA, 155 6/8
2. Dave Yoder, Oaky Woods WMA, 120 5/8
3. Steven Hudson, Chickasawhatchee WMA, 113 0/8
4. Tommy Clack, Oaky Woods WMA, 85 1/8
Key: (*) non-typical
Other Articles You Might Enjoy