Youth Big-Buck Contest Gets Weekly Prizes: Browning Trail Cams!
Highest-scoring buck by a youth each week now earns a Strike Force HD Elite camera, plus a spot in the Shoot-Out for a $3,000 shopping spree and a 3-day hunt.
GON’s Youth Big-Buck Contest is back this deer season, and it just got way better. Browning Trail Cameras has stepped up as a major contest sponsor, providing 17 Strike Force Elite HD trail cameras. The highest-scoring buck each week of Georgia’s deer season will earn a young hunter a new trail camera.
One thing hasn’t changed. A youngster who deer hunts in Georgia this year is going to win a grand prize $3,000 shopping spree at Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna. Plus, that grand-prize winner will get to spend a weekend deer and hog hunting, fishing and spending time with the great folks at Woods-N-Water outfitters next hunting season. Imagine walking into Adventure Outdoors and having $3,000 to spend on whatever you want. Then, plan on putting all of that great new gear to good use during a weekend with Woods-N-Water.
Griffin Gravitt, 15, of Ashburn, just won the Shoot-Out for last season’s Youth Big-Buck Contest (see page 73). Griffin was enjoying his shopping spree less than 24 hours after winning the event July 29 at GON’s Outdoor Blast. Griffin got a new Browning A5 12-gauge shotgun, a Yeti Roadie cooler, Costa sunglasses and two boxes of bullets. He still has money remaining, so he’s also planning to get a new gun safe.
The Youth Big-Buck Contest is handled through the Truck-Buck contest. There is no separate entry process. All kids 15 and younger who enter bucks through Truck-Buck automatically are also entered into the Youth Big-Buck Contest. The youth or a parent must have a GON subscription 24 hours before the buck is killed, which is great for GON families—kids don’t compete against non-subscribers.
Once a buck is killed, the entry process is simple. Go to www.gon.com, fill out an online entry and upload three pictures. The youth is entered in the traditional Truck-Buck contest, and they also have their own contest.
Another great bonus of our Youth Big-Buck Contest is that kids entered in the contest have a much greater chance of their picture being published in GON magazine.
How Kids Can Win Big In GON’s Youth Big-Buck Contest
- A GON subscription must be coming to the kid’s house—not a grandparent’s house. Get the subscription at www.gon.com, or call (800) 438-4663 at least 24 hours before a buck is killed to be eligible.
- Shoot a Georgia antlered buck this season.
- Enter the buck at www.gon.com or by using the application that appears in the September issue of GON.
- Get the rack scored at one of GON’s post-season scoring events next spring.
- If your kid wins one of the 17 weekly youth spots, they earn a Browning Trail Camera and a spot in the Youth Big-Buck Contest Shoot-Out at the Outdoor Blast at the Infinite Energy Center next July.
- At the Youth Big-Buck Contest Shoot-Out, be the best shot with a pellet gun and win a $3,000 shopping spree at Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna and a deer and hog hunting trip at Woods-N-Water with hosts Blaine and Dale Burley.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy