Outdoor Blast Time
Blast bargains, a free gun every hour and a place to mingle with like-minded, camo-clad friends. Come see us!
Whether you are a deer hunter looking for deals as you gear up for hunting season, a parent looking for a fun day for the kids just before school starts back, or you just like to spend time around other hunters—mark your calendar for July 28-30, and come see us at GON’s Outdoor Blast.
The Outdoor Blast offers some unique attractions, exciting events and giveaways and promotions, all wrapped around more than 300 vendor booths that feature only outdoor-related businesses and products.
Here are some of the reasons why you need to attend the Outdoor Blast.
• You Love Guns! The awesome Gun-An-Hour Giveaway is GON’s way of saying thank you and giving back to the folks who attend the Outdoor Blast. There are no raffle tickets to buy, just a simple sign-up for all show attendees 18 and older. A gun drawing is held every single hour each day of the Outdoor Blast. Any free gun is awesome, and these aren’t just any guns. We will be giving away fantastic, top brand-name guns during the weekend. There’s a Browning A-Bolt Stalker .243 rifle, a Smith & Wesson .40 caliber handgun, Glock pistols and a $1,000 Core 15 TAC M4 5.56 rifle, just to name a few.
• You Love Seeing Georgia Deer Hunters Win Big: The Truck-Buck Contest and Youth Big-Buck Contest Shoot-Outs are held during the Outdoor Blast. These exciting competitions are why GON started the Outdoor Blast in the first place—we needed a venue to give away a truck, a Beast, 11 rifles, five bows and more prizes in our Shoot-Outs. Winners from last season’s big-buck contests will take part in exciting pellet-rifle competitions on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This is great thrill-of-victory stuff for deer hunters.
• You Love Antlers: The Wall of Fame, a display of the state’s best bucks from last season, is a must-see at the Outdoor Blast, especially this year. On display will be a Booner with more than 220 inches of antler, an 8-pointer that netted in the 160s and amazing bow-kills that topped 160.
The Wall of Fame will feature the Georgia state-record, a 38-point Telfair County monster killed by Billy Joe Padgett in 1998 that netted 248 4/8 inches. Also, the new world-record buck from Tennessee will be on display at the Blast.
• You Have Kids: The Outdoor Blast is free for kids 12 and younger. Once inside, there’s a free Kids Zone that includes a Wipe Out bar and a mechanical bull. There are free “Snakes Alive” and “Birds of Prey” shows. And there’s tons of cool stuff the kids will love to see and do at the more than 300 vendor booths.
For more info, click here or call (800) 438-4663.
Outdoor Blast Schedules
Where: Infinite Energy Center
6400 Sugarloaf Pkwy, Duluth
Cost: Adults $8
All Kids 12 & Younger Are Free!
When: July 28-30
Friday 1-8 p.m.
• 6 Gun-An-Hour Giveaways
• Buster Brown Falconry, 2:30 p.m.
• “Snakes Alive” Show, 4 p.m.
• Kids Shoot-Out, 6 p.m.
Sat. 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
• 9 Gun-An-Hour Giveaways
• “Snakes Alive” at 12 noon and 6 p.m.
• Buster Brown Falconry, 2 p.m.
• U.S. Law Shield Gun Laws, 3 p.m.
• Shoot-Out Prelims All Day
Sun. 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• 6 Gun-An-Hour Giveaways
• Buster Brown Falconry, 11:30 a.m.
• “Snakes Alive” Show, 1 p.m.
• Truck-Buck Finals 3 p.m.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy