BEAST Makes Truck-Buck Even Better
This big-buck contest gives away a bow or gun each week, a grand prize 4x4 truck, and now Beast is onboard for a second grand prize!
GON just gave away another 4×4 Chevy pickup truck to a deer hunter. Who wouldn’t love a new truck?
Or for that matter, who wouldn’t love a new a Beast hunting vehicle, or a Browning rifle or Mathews bow?
For the 27th straight year, GON is hosting its Truck-Buck contest, the premier big-buck contest in the South, and likely in the entire country. There are 95 prizes that will be given away in this year’s Truck-Buck contest.
Entering this big-buck contest is simple. When you kill a buck, take some photos and go to www.gon.com to fill out an online entry form and upload your pictures. Make sure you are a GON subscriber before you kill the buck. Don’t let your subscription expire, and if you’re 23 and living at home, you’ll need to buy your own subscription. Only dependent kids (actually claimed as a dependent on their taxes) can enter on mom or dad’s subscription.
The Truck-Buck contest is divided into scoring periods that coincide with the weeks of deer season. Each week, the best buck entered from the Northern Zone and the best buck from the Southern Zone win great prizes and earn a spot in the Shoot-Out. You don’t have to kill the biggest buck in the state, just the highest-scoring buck during a week of the deer season in your hunting zone.
Hunters can also make the Shoot-Out through four wildcard divisions: Youth, Ladies, Public Land and Runner-Up. Two hunters from each category will qualify—the largest for both the Northern and Southern zones.
Here are the confirmed prizes for the 2015-16 Truck-Buck contest:
• A new 4×4 Chevy Silverado pickup truck from John Megel Chevrolet.
• A new Beast hunting buggy loaded with accessories including lift kit, camo body, front basket, brushguard, headlight and taillight, rear seat kit and custom front seats.
• 12 Browning X-Bolt Stainless Stalker deer rifles.
• 4 Mathews No Cam HTR compound bows.
• 42 personalized GON “Show Shirts” from Realtree.
• 17 HSS Ultralite X-Treme harnesses from Hunter Safety System.
• 17 prize packages of scent products from Tinks.
• A .50 Caliber CVA Accura MR Muzzleloader with scope and case.
There are no check stations. Simply kill a buck, take good photos, and enter at www.gon.com. A bunch of deer hunters will win big this season. Join them, and be a part of the next Truck-Buck Shoot-Out.
$1,000 HSS Bonus
Wear your Hunter Safety System (HSS) harness when you take your Truck-Buck entry photos. If you win a week or a wildcard spot, and then go on to win the Truck-Buck Shoot-Out, HSS will add a $1,000 bonus to go along with your brand-new pickup truck.
Top Reasons Entries Are Not Allowed
1. Out of college and still live at home, and parent gets GON. You must be a dependent, meaning mom or dad claims you for an IRS deduction, to enter on dad’s subscription. If you’re 23, please get a subscription in your name if you’d like to enter.
2. Didn’t get pictures. If you want to enter a buck, you have to take some pictures before the buck is caped out.
3. Missed the deadline. We have to receive your entry by seven business days of when the buck was killed. Online entry through www.gon.com is easy and quick.
4. What subscription? Don’t let your GON membership expire. If you’re not a subscriber before you kill the buck, you can’t enter.
5. But it’s my grandkid! The IRS rules applies to grandpas. Get a subscription that goes to the kid’s house.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy