Youth Bass Tournament On Hartwell Will Have Pros On Hand
FCA Outdoors is hosting a two-day bass tournament on Lake Hartwell Oct 4-5 where three bass-fishing pros will be on hand to teach, speak and fellowship with the anglers. Over the course of the weekend, FLW Pro Glenn Chappelear and MLF Pro Randy Howell will be speaking. Also at the event will be Bassmaster Elite Series Pro Micah Frazier, of Newnan, who is coming off a first-place Elite Series finish on the St. Lawrence River.
FCA contacted GON today with the below information regarding the event, which will kick-off on Thursday afternoon, Oct. 3.
• This is designed as a team camp. Divisions will be for middle school, high school and college. A team is two students and a captain fishing in the boat they provide.
• The competition will be tournament style on Lake Hartwell. We will launch and weigh-in at Tugaloo State Park.
• Lodging is at Toccoa Baptist Assembly. Students will be in a dorm style room with approved huddle leaders. Captains will be in hotel style rooms next door.
• Evening meals will be at the dining room overlooking Lake Louise.
• A light breakfast and sack lunch will be provided at the ramp, as well as supper in the dining room, on Friday. On Saturday, breakfast will be provided on the go and lunch will be provided at weigh-in.
• Gerald Malloy will be leading the music at our two evening worship services. Our main speakers are FLW Pro Glenn Chappelear and MLF Pro Randy Howell. BASS Pro Micah Frazier will also be on the program.
• Parents and others are welcome to attend the services and be at the weigh-ins. Family members may register at the regular price, and we will provide lodging and meals. Guests at the weigh-ins will be required to pay the state park parking fee.
Time is running out to be a part of this very special event. The cost is $125 and includes lodging, meals and all activities over the course of three days. To sign up, contact FCA Outdoors Director Paul Dennis at [email protected] or call him at 404.642.7819.
For more on FCA Outdoors, visit www.fcaoutdoors.org.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy