GON’s Youth Big-Buck Contest Returns For 2020-2021 Season
Weekly prizes for kids and a shot at $3,000 shopping spree and outdoor weekend.
Thanks to the generous help of sponsors who care about the future of our kids and about hunting in Georgia, GON’s Youth Big-Buck Contest will take place again this deer season.
Another youngster will win a grand prize $3,000 shopping spree at Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna. Plus, that grand-prize winner will get to spend a weekend deer and hog hunting, fishing and spending time with the great folks at Woods-N-Water outfitters for a three-day trip.
Each weekly winner—all 17 weeks of Georgia’s deer season—also gets a personalized Shoot-Out jersey from Realtree, plus an awesome LockedOn 360 Mobile Gun Vise—a super tool for safe and more effective hunting for all ages, but especially kids.
The Youth Big-Buck Contest is conducted through the Truck-Buck contest. There is no separate entry process. All kids 15 and younger who enter bucks through Truck-Buck are also automatically entered in GON’s Youth Big-Buck Contest.
One membership, one entry process—entry into two separate contests.
The key is that the youth or a parent must have a GON subscription 24 hours before the buck is killed. The contests are a huge perk for GON member families. We have dozens of parents each season who try to subscribe and get a young hunter entered after the fact.
The entry process is simple. Fill out an online entry and upload three pictures. Another great bonus of our Youth Big-Buck Contest is that kids entered in the contest have a great chance of their picture being published in GON.
GON’s Youth Big-Buck Contest FAQs
1. A GON subscription must be coming to the kid’s house—not a grandparent’s house. Get the subscription at gon.com or call (800) 438-4663 at least 24 hours before a buck is killed to be eligible.
2. Shoot a Georgia antlered buck this season.
3. Enter the buck at www.gon.com or by using the application that appears in the August issue of GON magazine.
4. Get the rack scored at one of GON’s post-season scoring events next spring.
5. If a youth wins one of the 17 weekly youth spots, they’ve earned a spot in the Youth Big-Buck Contest Shoot-Out at the Outdoor Blast in 2021.
6. At the Youth Big-Buck Contest Shoot-Out, the best shot with a pellet gun will win a $3,000 shopping spree at Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna and a deer and hog hunting trip at Woods-N-Water with hosts Blaine and Dale Burley.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy