Paul Marks Crushes Offshore Bite To Win Eufaula BLF
Strike King co-angler victory goes to Tommy Cowart of Danielsville.
Boater Paul Marks, of Cumming, brought a three-day total of 15 bass to the scale weighing 54-lbs., 11-ozs. to win the Phoenix Bass Fishing League Presented by T-H Marine regional event on Lake Eufaula. For his victory, Marks earned $67,992, including a new Phoenix 819 Pro bass boat with a 200-horsepower Mercury outboard and $10,000, along with the lucrative $7,000 Phoenix MLF contingency bonus. Marks also received automatic entry into the 2024 Phoenix Bass Fishing League All-American, May 29-31, at Cherokee Lake in Jefferson County, Tennessee.
Marks said he roamed from Lakepoint State Park to the dam searching for bass during the event, and his first two days produced solid weights. However, he lost a 5-pounder at the end of Day 1 and a 6-pounder late on Day 2 which would have boosted his weight dramatically.
“Then Saturday was tough for me,” said Marks, who noted he had fished Eufaula only once prior to the regional event. “I had to really beat on them to catch what I caught.”
Marks said he spent most of his time dragging a Picasso Fantasy Football Jig with a Zoom Z Craw trailer, as well as a Texas-rigged worm for his bass. He said he targeted points, ledges, and brush piles in 8 to 25 feet of water that were holding fish.
“At the end of the day on Friday I thought I had a pretty good chance for a win,” Marks said. “I really wrecked them, and I thought I might catch 20 pounds on Saturday.
“I just don’t have words to describe this experience,” Marks said. “It’s very surreal.”
The top six boaters qualified for the 2024 Phoenix Bass Fishing League All-American:
- 1st: Paul Marks, Cumming, 15 bass, 54-11, $67,992 (includes $7,000 Phoenix MFL Contingency Bonus)
- 2nd: Aaron Yavorsky, Palm Harbor, Fla., 15 bass, 50-9, $10,992
- 3rd: Bradley Enfinger, Donalsonville, 15 bass, 49-9, $4,991
- 4th: Cody Mackie, McMinnville, Tenn., 14 bass, 45-14, $4,198
- 5th: Jason Burroughs, Hodges, S.C., 15 bass, 45-14, $3,328
- 6th: Brandon Medlock, Lake Placid, Fla., 15 bass, 44-4, $1,799
Rounding out the Top 10 boaters were:
- 7th: Emil Wagner, Marietta, 15 bass, 44-2, $1,899
- 8th: Bobby Padgett, Lagrange, 15 bass, 43-10, $2,399
- 9th: Ben McCann, Bradenton, Fla., 15 bass, 42-9, $1,199
- 10th: Josh Butler, Hayden, Ala., 15 bass, 42-3, $1,099
The top four boaters from each division that earned a $1,000 bonus for placing highest in the event were:
Choo Choo: Bobby Padgett, LaGrange, 8th Place, $1,000
Gator: Aaron Yavorsky, Palm Harbor, Fla. 2nd Place, $1,000
Music City: Cody Mackie, McMinnville, Tenn., 4th Place, $1,000
Savannah River: Jason Burroughs, Hodges, S.C., 5th Place $1,000
Marks took home an extra $7,000 as the highest-finishing Phoenix MLF Bonus member. Boaters are eligible to win up to an extra $7,000 per event in each Phoenix Bass Fishing League tournament if all requirements are met. More information on the Phoenix MLF Bonus contingency program can be found at PhoenixBassBoats.com.
Cowart tops on Strike King co-angler side
Tommy Cowart,of Danielsville, weighed in 10 bass over three days totaling 34-lbs., 5-ozs. to win the top Strike King co-angler prize package of $50,000, including a new Phoenix 819 Pro bass boat with a 200-horsepower Mercury outboard.
The top six Strike King co-anglers qualified for the 2024 Phoenix Bass Fishing League All-American:
- 1st: Tommy Cowart, Danielsville, 10 bass, 34-5, $50,000
- 2nd: Pop Catalin, Cookeville, Tenn., 11 bass, 25-15, $5,502
- 3rd: Brian Carroll, Glencoe, Ala., 10 bass, 22-0, $3,006
- 4th: Tyler Nekolny, Coral Springs, Fla., 12 bass, 21-13, $2,001
- 5th: Randy Paquette, Sarasota, Fla., 12 bass, 21-12, $1,000
- 6th: Lamar Oxford, Dale, Ind., 12 bass, 21-2, $900
Rounding out the Top 10 Strike King co-anglers were:
- 7th: Justin Stephenson, Jasper, Ala., 10 bass, 20-6, $800
- 8th: Timothy Jones, Honea Path, S.C., 10 bass, 20-6, $1,200
- 9th: Chad Bleiler, Old Hickory, Tenn., 10 bass, 20-5, $600
- 10th: Johnny Suratt, Lawrenceburg, Tenn., 11 bass, 18-8, $550
The top four Strike King Co-anglers from each division that earned a $500 bonus for placing highest in the event were:
Choo Choo: Brian Carroll, Glencoe, Ala., 3rd Place, $500
Gator: Tyler Nekolny, Coral Springs, Fla., 4th Place, $500
Music City: Pop Catalin, Cookeville, Tenn., 2nd Place, $500
Savannah River: Timothy Jones, Honea Path, S.C., 8th Place $500
The Phoenix Bass Fishing League Presented by T-H Marine Regional Tournament on Lake Eufaula was hosted by the Eufaula Barbour County Chamber of Commerce. It featured the top pros and Strike King co-anglers from the Choo Choo, Gator, Music City and Savannah River divisions.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy