Corps Closes Fish Cleaning Stations At Clarks Hill
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will close six of its eight fish-cleaning stations at Clarks Hill Lake (J. Strom Thurmond Reservoir) due to budgetary constraints, as well as increased costs to operate and maintain the stations.
The indefinite closures begin tomorrow Jan. 15, 2020.
• Fish-cleaning stations to be closed are located at the following corps facilities:
• Parksville Park, McCormick County, South Carolina
• Below Dam-South Carolina, McCormick County, South Carolina
• Big Hart, McDuffie County, Georgia
• Ridge Road, Columbia County Georgia
• Lake Springs Park, Columbia County, Georgia
• Petersburg Campground, Columbia County, Georgia
Thurmond Lake will continue to operate the fish cleaning stations at Clarks Hill Park in McCormick County, South Carolina, and Amity Park in Lincoln County, Georgia.
Anglers with questions, should contact the Thurmond Lake Office at 800.53.3478.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy