Truck-Buck’s 29th Year!
GON will host the contest and will give away a truck, a Beast, 12 guns, five bows and more!
Georgia deer hunters are definitely spoiled, and not just because we have great bucks and a season that rolls on for what seems like forever. Do you realize many states have a week or two of gun hunting, and that’s it?
Then there’s the Truck-Buck contest. Where else but Georgia can a deer hunter kill a buck, enter easily and quickly online, only have to beat other magazine subscribers who kill a buck the same week, and then have a chance to compete in a pellet rifle competition to earn one of two grand prizes—a new 4×4 Chevy pickup truck or a Beast hunting buggy?
Don’t take Truck-Buck for granted! Please thank our sponsors, and get in the game this deer season.
For the 29th straight year, GON is hosting the premier big-buck contest in the South—and likely in the entire country. There are 102 prizes that will be given away in this year’s Truck-Buck contest.
Entering the contest is simple. When you kill a buck, take some photos, go to www.gon.com to fill out an online entry form and upload your pictures. Make sure you are a GON subscriber before you kill the buck. If you are 23 and living with your parents, you need to buy your own subscription. Only dependent kids (claimed as a dependent on parents’ taxes) can enter on a subscription. Grandparents, please buy a gift subscription for the grandkids! The kids have their own contest, too. See page 68 for more about the Youth Big-Buck Contest.
The Truck-Buck contest is divided into scoring periods that coincide with the weeks of deer season. Each week, the best buck entered from the Northern Zone and the best buck from the Southern Zone win prizes and earn a spot in the Shoot-Out. You don’t have to kill the biggest buck in the state, just the highest-scoring buck during a week of the deer season in your hunting zone.
Hunters can also make the Shoot-Out through four wildcard divisions: Youth, Ladies, Public Land and Runner-Up. Two hunters from each category will qualify—the largest for both the Northern and Southern zones.
Here are the prizes for the 2016-17 Truck-Buck contest:
• A new 4×4 Chevy Silverado pickup truck from John Megel Chevrolet.
• A new Beast hunting buggy loaded with accessories including lift kit, camo body, front basket, brushguard, headlight and taillight, rear seat kit and custom front seats.
• 11 Browning X-Bolt Stainless Stalker deer rifles.
• 5 Mathews Halon compound bows.
• 42 personalized GON Shoot-Out jerseys from Realtree.
• 17 HSS Ultra-Lite Flex 320 harnesses from Hunter Safety System.
• 17 prize packages of scent products from Tinks.
• A .50 caliber CVA Accura MR SS Nitrade Muzzleloader with scope and case.
There are no check stations for Truck-Buck. Simply kill a buck, take good photos, and enter at www.gon.com.
Top Reasons Entries Are Not Allowed
1. You’re out of college and still live at home, and parent gets GON. You must be a dependent, meaning mom or dad claims you for an IRS deduction, to enter on dad’s subscription. If you’re 23, get your own subscription in your name if you’d like to enter.
2. Didn’t get pictures. If you want to enter a buck, you have to take some pictures before the buck is caped out.
3. Missed the deadline. We have to receive your entry by seven business days from when the buck was killed. Online entry through www.gon.com is easy and quick.
4. What subscription? Don’t let your GON membership expire. If you’re not a subscriber before you kill the buck, you can’t enter.
5. It’s my grandkid! The rule applies to grandpas and uncles. Get a subscription that goes to the kid’s house.
$1,000 HSS Bonus
Wear your Hunter Safety System (HSS) harness when you take your Truck-Buck entry photos. If you win a week or a wildcard spot, and then go on to win the Truck-Buck Shoot-Out, HSS will add a $1,000 bonus to go along with your brand-new pickup truck.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy